-->

Faber-Castell 48-pc. Watercolor Pencils - Color Chart

Recently, I re-gained my interest in arts, particularly in watercolor painting and doodling. I also got interested in hand lettering and calligraphy. When I got out of the hospital this month, all I think about, aside from recovery, is where have I put my watercolor pencils. I have the 12-pc. set by Faber-Castell before but for some reason we can’t find it and it’s frustrating. 3 weeks past, I think I have recovered 70% and finally got the chance to go to the mall to buy my new art supplies.

I was eyeing for Faber-Castell watercolor pencils and Prang watercolor palette, which are both available at National Bookstore. I wanted something easy to start with that I can bring anywhere I go with the littlest mess possible. So I chose the 48-pc. Faber-Castell watercolor pencils, which go perfect with my water brush pens, for PhP679.75. I’ll try the Prang set in the future.

 
This is how it looks like. It comes with free paintbrush and sharpener. You can pull the hang tab in front to slide out the drawer. Here are the descriptions at the back of the packaging:

·      Pencil turns to Paint – with the touch of a wet brush, rich water soluble pencil colors dissolve into brilliant water colors.
·      Colors blend beautifully with brush and water to create unlimited shades. For best results, use watercolor or heavy grade papers.
·      Thick 3.3mm leads are specially SV bonded to help prevent breakage.
·      Clean and easy sharpening guaranteed with quality Faber-Castell sharpener included.

Caution: Please avoid dipping watercolor pencils in water. For best performance, store pencils in a cool and dry area.

 
These are the 48 color shades:

401 White
404 Zinc Yellow
407 Lemon
409 Orange Yellow
414 Dark Orange
416 Cinabar Light
418 Scarlet Light
421 Light Geranium Red
426 Dark Carmine
427 Light Carmine
429 Pink Madder Lake
425 Dark Magenta
419 Light Magenta
434 Orchid
430 Light Flesh
432 Dark Flesh
433 Wine Red
435 Red Violet
439 Light Violet
437 Blue Violet
444 Light Cobalt Blue
443 Deep Cobalt Blue
447 Light Blue
445 Light Phthalo Blue
451 Prussian Blue
449 Oriental Blue
453 Peacock Blue
454 Aquamarine
457 Prussian Green
461 Viridian
462 Tree Green
463 Emerald Green
466 Grass Green
459 Hookers Green
470 Apple Green
472 Grey Green
473 Olive Green
476 Van Dyck Brown
480 Raw Amber
483 Gold Ochre
478 Nougat
487 Burnt Ochre
492 Indian Red
495 Cool Light Grey
496 Cool Silver Grey
499 Black
448 Silver
452 Gold

Each pencil measures almost 7 inches long.

Since this is new, I decided to make swatches or color chart so I have an actual reference of the colors. I personally suggest this process especially if you are using a new palette / set / media.

In this photo, I drew/shaded just like how you draw/shade using a regular pencil.
 
In this photo, I apply water using a wet paintbrush. I used a water brush pen here, but of course a regular paintbrush will do.
 
And voila, my own color chart. Isn’t it beautiful? 

I hope you find this post and photos helpful. Thank you for reading. ‘Til next time!

Faber-Castell 48-pc. Watercolor Pencils - Color Chart

8 comments

Name

Email *

Message *